My Windows 7 x64 desktop PC stopped booting after I restarted it. fix

This message appears:
drive 0x80(LBA): C/H/S=1023/255/63, Sector Count/Size=16434495/512
    Partition num: 0, active,   Filesystem type is ntfs, partition type 0x07

****

Options if your HDD is larger than 1TB:
* Move your boot files to a smaller partition at the start of the HDD.
* Format the HDD and allow Windows 7 to create a 100MB boot partition.
* Shrink and move your partitions with GParted.

Press any key to read more...
Then another screen suggesting some options appears, and then a Minimal BASH-like shell appears like:
grub> _
I have no idea what could have happened. I don't even remember using grub to install Windows 7. Pretty sure I used the same installer to format my OCZ Vertex 2 90GB to NTFS and install Windows there. No partitions. Then I have a 2TB WD HDD with one partition as storage, no OS installed there.
Is there a way I can restore the MBR boot? I'd prefer not to have to reinstall the whole OS again.
UPDATE Just in case it has something to do with this, I restarted after I shrinked the pagefile a little bit in my SSD (I have 16GB RAM).

 fix.................

Ok, I've managed to solve the problem. These are the steps:
  1. Boot from a Windows 7 DVD and select "Repair your computer..."
  2. In the System Recovery Options screen select "Command Prompt"
  3. Type in the following commands:
    bootrec.exe /FixMbr
    
    bootrec.exe /FixBoot
    
My Windows 7 x64 desktop PC stopped booting after I restarted it. fix My Windows 7 x64 desktop PC stopped booting after I restarted it. fix Reviewed by Black on 4:38 AM Rating: 5

1 comment: